ADU Plans & Permits - Gather ADU
400 sqft ADU Floor Plan
400 sqft ADU Floor Plan
Discover the perfect blend of functionality and style with our 400 sqft ADU Floor Plan. Ideal for homeowners looking to add a versatile living space, this plan offers a smart layout maximizing every inch. Features include:
- Efficient Design: A single-bedroom layout, providing a cozy yet spacious feel.
- Open Living Area: A combined living and kitchen space, designed for comfort and convenience.
- Modern Kitchen: Equipped with essential amenities, fitting seamlessly into the space.
- Comfortable Bedroom: Ample room for a queen-size bed and wardrobe.
- Full Bathroom: A well-appointed bathroom with modern fixtures.
- Optional Add-Ons: Customization options like a fold-out desk or built-in storage.
- Eco-Friendly Options: Solar panel readiness and energy-efficient design choices.
- Easy Integration: Designed to complement existing property styles.
Perfect for rental opportunities, guest housing, or a personal retreat. This plan turns your backyard into a functional, elegant living space.
Why Choose This ADU Plan Set
Opting for a pre-designed ADU plan is a cost-effective and accessible solution for various income levels, offering top-notch designs at a reduced cost. This particular ADU is ideal for use as a rental, Airbnb, or guest house, offering an easy and budget-friendly construction process. Its small size allows it to easily fit in most backyards.
While a tailor-made ADU could consume around 10% of your total budget, usually ranging from $10,000 to $30,000, choosing a pre-made plan can lead to substantial savings. Furthermore, these plans also expedite the process, as most of the design phase has already been completed, saving you valuable time.
Not sure if this plan is best for you?
What's Included with Your ADU Plan Purchase?
When you buy an ADU plan, you receive a downloadable ZIP file. This file contains a PDF of your chosen design and Source files for detailed viewing. The included drawing set comprises:
- Cover Sheet: Shows a perspective image of the ADU design and the title block.
- Notes, Terms & Conditions: Outlines the usage terms of these drawings.
- Legends, Schedules, and Standards: Contains all notations, abbreviations, and definitions used in the drawings, along with schedules for doors, windows, and rooms.
- Plans: Detailed drawings with dimensions of all rooms, their sizes, and specific plan details, including roof and foundation plans.
- Elevations: External views of the ADU, illustrating features like siding, windows, and doors.
- Interior Elevations: Depicts the primary interior walls of the bathroom and kitchen, highlighting the placement of fixtures, tiles, etc.
- Details: Detailed drawings that describe the construction and assembly of key ADU features.
What else you will need
Each property/lot is distinct, with varying local laws and regulations. It's crucial to verify that the design you select complies with the rules applicable to your property. You might also need to consult with structural engineers or other specialists to fulfill local regulatory demands. Furthermore, we suggest enlisting the services of a local designer, architect, engineer, or general contractor. They can aid in navigating the permitting process and making any necessary modifications to secure permit approval.